On completion of training, successful candidates will be able to understand the role and responsibilities of the work first aider, including:
- Assessing situations and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency.
- The safe use of available equipment.
- Providing appropriate first aid for minor injuries – including small cuts, grazes & bruises, burns & scalds, and splinters.
- Providing appropriate first aid for other medical conditions – including the effects of extreme heat & cold, epilepsy, diabetes, anaphylactic reactions, strains & sprains and bites & stings.
- Administering cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) including the use of an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED).
- Administering first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure).
- Providing first aid assistance to a person who is choking, severely wounded, or who is suffering from shock.
- The need for recording incidents and actions.
We run EFAW first aid courses across England at the following venues:
- Grosvenor Casino, 15 Derrys Cross, Plymouth, Devon, PL1 2SW.
- Northumbrian Piper, Fawdon House, 1 Fawdon Close, Newcastle, Tyneside, NE3 2AH.
- Boldon Community Association, New Road, Boldon Colliery, Tyne & Wear, NE35 9DS.
- The Bear, 15 East Street, Havant, Hampshire, PO9 1AA.
- The Miners Arms, Morley, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS27 0NZ.
- The Neville, 214 Neville Road, Hove, East Sussex, BN3 7QQ.
Select a course venue and date by clicking on ‘Choose an option’, at the top of this page.
Alternatively, please feel free to contact our friendly office team during office hours on freephone 0800 074 1583 or email email@example.com for further details, or to find out about our corporate rate – if you would like Inn-Dispensable to run this EFAW course at your venue.