This Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) in a Food Environment course is accredited and endorsed by leading awarding bodies within the hospitality industry, including the Institute of Hospitality.
The aim of the course is to introduce you to:
Information on the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 and the legal obligation placed on the employer and employee.
- The responsibility of employer and employee under COSHH and what falls outside the scope of COSHH
- Chemical safety
- Provides advice on completing COSHH risk assessments
- Help you implement control measures to eliminate or reduce the risk of exposure ot hazardous substances
- The importance of using approved suppliers
Course Duration: 40 minutes*
* Based on average time taken by candidates.
Assessment: Upon completion of the course, learners will complete an end of learning assessment consisting of 20 questions. 70% of the questions will need to be answered correctly to receive a certificate.
As part of our flexible training and support for hospitality and leisure professionals, Inn-Dispensable offers a range of additional services and online courses.
- Introduction to the legislation surrounding COSHH
- The term REACH and its definition
- Hazardous substances and how they cause harm
- International Hazard symbols and how to recognise them
- The fundamentals of COSHH
- Potential health issues when failing to control hazardous substances
- The 8 requirements placed on employers and requirements placed on employees
- Identifying hazards and building a risk assessment
- Control measures and personal protective equipment
- Employee health checks
Submit your review