This course is for anyone in Scotland who wishes to sell alcohol (for drinking on or off the premises) to the public.
- One-day course
- 6 hours tuition, plus a 60 minute exam – consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions (pass mark 28)
- Includes the official workbook, written to accompany this course
Course Fee: £180.00 (inc. VAT)
What does this course cover?
- the roles, responsibilities and functions of Licensing Boards and Licensing Standards Officers
- the application process for a personal licence
- the application process for premises and occasional licences, mandatory & discretionary conditions
- protection of children from harm
- the content and purpose of an operating schedule and risk assessment
- drunkenness and disorderly behaviour
- licensed hours
- control of order
- the responsible retail sale of alcohol
- roles and responsibilities of the personal licence holder and the penalties relating to failure to comply with the law
- unauthorised licensable activities
- rights of entry to licensed premises
- the strengths of alcoholic drinks and the effects of alcohol on the human body.