This Allergen Awareness course is accredited and endorsed by leading awarding bodies within the hospitality industry, including the Institute of Hospitality and the BIIAB.
The aim of the course is to introduce you to:
- Food allergies and how allergens effect the body
- The 14 allergens and examples of foods that may contain them
- How to deal with an allergy related customer query
- Recognising the immediate signs and symptoms of an allergic reaction
- The difference between allergies and intolerances
- The importance of control measures and how they protect customers from harm
Course Duration: 40 minutes*
* Based on average time taken by candidates.
Assessment: Upon completion of the course, learners will complete an end-of-learning assessment consisting of 20 questions. 70% of the questions will need to be answered correctly to receive a certificate.
As part of our flexible training and support for hospitality and leisure professionals, Inn-Dispensable offers a range of additional services and online courses.
- Food allergies and intolerances
- The Food Information Regulations and the 14 Allergens
- Signs and symptoms of food allergens and intolerances
- How to deal with an allergic reaction
- Labelling – pre-packed and loose foods
- Fines and penalties
- Controlling risk
- How to record allergen information and how information should be communicated
- Hints and tips on providing allergen information
Submit your review