This Disability Awareness course is accredited and endorsed by leading awarding bodies within the hospitality industry, including the Institute of Hospitality and the BIIAB
The aim of the course is to introduce you to:
- Disability and the law
- What is disability and types of discrimination
- Employee responsibilities under the law
- Effective workplace policies and creating an inclusive workplace
Course Duration: 40 minutes*
* Based on average time taken by candidates.
Assessment: Upon completion of the course, learners will complete an end of learning assessment consisting of 10 questions. 70% of the questions will need to be answered correctly to receive a certificate.
As part of our flexible training and support for hospitality and leisure professionals, Inn-Dispensable offers a range of additional services and online courses.
- Introduction to the legislation surrounding disability
- Types of disability discrimination
- Definition of ‘reasonable adjustments’ for employers
- Duty of employers in the public sector
- Employers’ obligations and how to create an inclusive workplace
- Organisations liable under disability legislation
- Disability etiquette, appropriate behaviour and language
- Dealing with complaints
- Identifying inequality, the equality policy, workplace discrimination and further support
Submit your review